At Itopia, a historic Jamaican Great House, Sally Henzell has summoned up the playful spirits of centuries past and added contemporary creativity to the mix.
he result, both magical and majestic, has been featured in the pages of lifestyle and interiors magazines.
Located on the North Coast of Jamaica, the opposite side of the island from Jakes, Itopia was built in the 1600s as part of the Cardiff Hall estate on Runaway Bay. When Sally Henzell first saw the four-bedroom house with its cut-stone walls, high ceilings and lush gardens, it was in total disrepair. Tremendous energy went into its restoration. The mismatched fabrics and funky furniture play off the home’s four-hundred years of history.
At Itopia, creativity hangs in the air—and on the walls (like the mural that singer Joni Mitchell painted in the primary bedroom). And while so much charm was retained while making this a cozy, comfortable and inspiring home, there is also now wireless Internet, TV and other amenities that make this North Shore villa ideal for an extended Jamaican getaway. Itopia is private—it sits atop a hill—yet it’s minutes up the road from the beach at Runaway Bay, St. Ann.
– Four bedrooms with queen-size beds
– One bathtub, three indoor showers, one outdoor shower
– Smart TV with Netflix account
– Full staff includes a housekeeper, cook, gardener and caretaker
– Organic meals served in the dining room or in the outdoor dining area, al fresco
– Villa Manager
– Laundry services available (at a cost)
– Nearby activities include golf, beaches, fishing, caves, waterfalls and other adventures
– Nanny service (at cost)
Give us a call for details.
Get Jakes Email (Insider Deals!)